The Editorial Board of the NUALS Constitutional Studies Review is inviting submissions for its forthcoming Volume 2. NUALS Constitutional Studies Review, which is a publication of the Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms, is a student-edited, double blind peer-reviewed, open access law journal, that aims to promote discourse on Indian and comparative constitutional law, constitutional theory, and comparative politics while engaging with contemporary issues that shape these fields.
We welcome submissions from students, early career researchers, policymakers, academics, legal practitioners, and members of civil society organisations.
- All submissions should be original, unpublished, and should not have plagiarized content.
- NUALS Constitutional Studies Review has an exclusive submission policy. By submitting the manuscripts to NUALS Constitutional Studies Review, the author(s) confirms that the manuscript has not been simultaneously sent to another journal for publication (online or print), until they have received a decision from us.
- We accept submissions for the following categories:-
– Long articles: Between 5,000 and 10,000 words. Submissions should approach the chosen theme or idea in a novel manner, while comprehensively engaging with existing scholarship on the subject. The subject of the article may either be a contemporary issue of legal significance, or a theoretical exposition.
– Essays: Between 3,000 and 5,000 words. Essays are more concise in scope. An essay may either be a concise treatment of a specific issue or a theme within a wider subject, or the argument of a premise.
– Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1,500 and 3,000 words. Analyses of judicial pronouncements and legislations, whether in India or elsewhere, may be submitted under this category. It is important that the Note adequately analyses the legal implication of the said case/legislation.
All word limits are exclusive of footnotes. However, speaking footnotes must be limited to 50 words.
- The body of the manuscript may be in Times New Roman, font size 12 with double line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- The manuscript should contain only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a method of citation. Citations must conform to OSCOLA (Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities) (4th edition) style of citation.
- Submissions are to be made only in electronic form and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, under the subject “NUALS CSR – Journal Submission”.
- All submissions must contain the following:
– The manuscript in a .doc or .docx format. The manuscript should not contain the name of the author, their institutional affiliations, or any other identification markers.
– A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript, and contact information.
– An abstract of not more than 150 words.
- We accept submissions on a rolling basis.
- Co-authorship is permissible for a maximum of three authors.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- We hope to update authors on their submission within 4 weeks of their submission.
- By submitting an article to NUALS Constitutional Studies Review, the Contributor guarantees that the manuscript is a product of their work and is unpublished. Any work originating from others, is properly identified and referenced.
- The manuscripts and contributions accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of NUALS Constitutional Studies Review. The Contributor shall permit NUALS CSR to use their article, with full attribution but without further consent, on a non-commercial basis in online and offline publications.
- However, for any subsequent publication of the work already published in NUALS CSR, the Contributor shall be permitted to do so with the prior written permission of the Editor-in-Chief. The Contributor must expressly acknowledge in writing, in case of a subsequent publication, that their manuscript was first published in NUALS CSR.
Your name, email address and other personal information submitted to us will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of NUALS CSR and will not be made available for any other purpose or to third parties.